Where better to spend your next holiday than amongst the rolling dales of beautiful Yorkshire?
There's masses to explore: Yorkshire is England's largest county - half the size of Belgium to be exact and has a population as big as Scotland's!
The largest area is North Yorkshire, which stretches from the Pennines in the West, to the North East Coast, and covers nearly 3500 square miles. Known by the locals as 'God's own county', Yorkshire is renowned for its varied landscape, which is also home to not one, but two national parks: the North York Moors and of course, the infamous Yorkshire Dales.
The landscape is stunning, with brooding moors and green dales rolling down to a dramatic coastline, Yorkshire has some of Britain's finest scenery.
Yorkshire's simply breathtaking countryside has also been the inspiration for many acclaimed novels, including Emily Bronte's 'Wuthering Heights' and James Herriot's 'All Creatures Great and Small'. The stunning scenery has also provided the perfect location for countless films, from "Robin Hood Prince of Thieves" to "Dracula" and "Calendar Girls."
Filming is currently taking place as we type, for the new "Dad's Army" film in the Bridlington and Flamborough areas.
We shouldn't forget to mention good ole "Emmerdale" here either! Last year, ITV opened up the Emmerdale-Doors and organised a small number of set-tours, but these were limited to 12 Sundays throughout the summer of 2015 and ticket sales were restricted - so keep your eye out for the summer of 2016!
Yorkshire boasts 12 rivers: Aire, Calder, Derwent, Humber, Idd, Ouse, Ribble, Swale, Tees, Ure and Wharfe - in addition to the beautiful waterfalls (pictured above) at Aysgarth Falls.
There's certainly plenty to see in Yorkshire, (apart from the stunning scenery), from tourist attractions, quaint villages and towns, to the county's coastline.
Here's just a handful of ideas to plan into your holiday:
- York's Chocolate Story, (well ... we had to put chocolate first now didn't we?) is located in the heart of York, and takes you through a guided tour of York's most famous chocolate-making families (yes - you can try it out too!)
- Flamingo Land is a combination of theme park, zoo and is now a Holiday Park to boot! You certainly won't have a spare moment during your visit.
- Get lost in York Maze - (literally made from maize) - opening hours are seasonal, so do check before you set off!
- Learn the story of the well, whose water turns everything to stone at Mother Shipton's Cave - one of Yorkshire's most renown attractions.
- Try your hand at skiing at the real snow indoor slope at Xscape.
- Entrance is FREE at the Heeley City Farm, in the heart of Sheffield town centre.
- Walk with the penguins at the new under-water walkway at The Sealife Centre in Scarborough.
- Don't be too scared to visit the York Dungeons - with a 75-min totally interactive tour of all the grisly goings-on in history for the area.
- Watch in awe at the bird of prey displays at the NCBP (National Centre for Birds of Prey) - set in the stunning backdrop of the North York Moors National Park.
- If you have under-11s with you - spend a day at the children's museum, Eureka!, in Halifax for some interactive learning fun.
- Entrance is FREE at the National Railway Museum in York, with over 300 years of railway history.
- Don't forget to pay a visit to the stunning York Cathedral, if you're feeling fit - it's 275 steps to the top of the Centre Tower!
- Experience 175 acres of thrills and spills at the Lightwater Valley Theme Park in Ripon.
So - now you have a few ideas of your Holiday-Days-Out...
You need to find your perfect Yorkshire Holiday Home:
ABI HORIZON: ETK ID No: 7781 - HAVEN: BLUE DOLPHIN: This is a beautiful 2012 static caravan, with 3 bedrooms. Just click the link to see more details.
ABI St David
ABI ST DAVID: ETK ID No: 7779 - HAVEN: REIGHTON SANDS: The caravan is a 3 bedroomed late 2013 model, which is the most stunning caravan, complete with outside decking. Just click the link to see more details.
ATLAS MOONSTONE: ETK ID No: 6857 - PARK RESORTS: SKIPSEA SANDS: This spacious & comfortable static caravan is 35 feet long by 12 feet wide & has 3 bedrooms. Just click the link to see more details.
DELUXE PLUS: ETK ID No: 7778 - HAVEN: PRIMROSE VALLEY: This stunning 3-bedroomed static caravan goes out to impress with its sleek, modern, stylish look. The light, open-plan layout provides a real feeling of space. Just click the link to see more details.
GOSLING: ETK ID No: 8986 - PARK RESORTS: CAYTON BAY: Lovely 2-bedroomed caravan with central heating and double glazing. Just click on the link to see more details.
HIGH ELMS: ETK ID No: 6823 - HAVEN: REIGHTON SANDS: This beautiful 2-bedroomed static caravan even has an en-suite to the master bedroom! Just click the link to see more details.
IVY: ETK ID No: 9048 - PARK RESORTS: CAYTON BAY: Beautiful 6-berth, 2-bedroom static caravan with central heating and double glazing throughout. Just click the link to see more details.
LUCY: ETK ID No: 9010 - PARK RESORTS: CAYTON BAY: Stunning 3-bedroom, pet friendly static caravan with large, wrap-around decking. Just click the link for more details.
PLATINUM STATIC: ETK ID No: 7189 - PARK RESORTS: SKIPSEA SANDS: At a stunning 13'x42' this caravan is a luxury 2-bedroom model, complete with central heating and double glazing. Just click the link to see more details.
ROSEBANK: ETK ID No: 6849 - HAVEN: PRIMROSE VALLEY: With a central, open plan living area which divides the separate bedroom areas you are assured an unusual level of privacy in this beautiful static caravan. Just click the link to see more details.
SKIPSEA STATIC: ETK ID NO: 7186 - PARK RESORTS: SKIPSEA SANDS: This Atlas Florida static caravan is 35ft long x 10ft wide and has 3 bedrooms, beds made ready for you on arrival at no additional fee. Just click the link to see more details.
SWIFT MOSELLE: ETK ID No: 7780 - HAVEN: PRIMROSE VALLEY: This is a 2011 static caravan, all equipment provided for guest use is new from Oct 2015. Just click on the link to see more details.
Linear Platinum Standard
LINEAR PLATINUM STANDARD: ETK ID No: 8859 - PARK RESORTS: SKIPSEA SANDS: This is a high-spec Platinum Standard Static Caravan, new for the 2016 holiday season. Everything you need for your holiday complete with decking. Click the link to see more detail.
So what are you waiting for?
Book your Yorkshire Holiday today - there's a link on every listing to contact the Owner direct to make your reservation.
Happy Holidays from ETK!
We're always "on-hand" for help and advice when you join us
Just click on the "Submit Your Property" button on our home page